Monday, August 22, 2005

Babies, babies, everywhere!

Everywhere I look, I see babies. I’m starting to feel a bit like Ally McBeal, but at least none of the babies I see are dancing. I’m guessing there was a lot of luvin’ going on around Thanksgiving and that’s why I’m seeing all of these freshly popped kiddies everywhere. And they are very cute, I have to admit. Not as cute as puppies, but pretty darn cute. Now, I don’t have any kids, which some folks might consider a blessing upon kid-dom, so the truth is I can’t quite relate. In fact, it’s very rare that anyone ever even hands me a kid to hold. Perhaps I look a bit butter-fingered? Really, though, that’s just chain lube; I was working on my bike. In fact, I rode almost twenty miles at lunch today, because yesterday I got my butt kicked on our first Team in Training ride. Who are these people and how did they get so fast before the first training ride? Now I feel like I have to train twice as hard to stay ahead of them.

But, let’s get back to babies. I have a client and friend named Lynne Tapper who had a new baby not that long ago. Now Lynne is pretty competitive and I suspect she actually paused in the middle of a marathon or triathlon or something in order to give birth, handed the brand-spanking-new kid to her husband, Leland, and finished whatever she was running. Now, if I know these two, the kid is already potty trained and has learned how to put hospital corners on his crib. You see, these two are the world’s most organized couple. Don’t believe me? Well, then just check out their book: BABY DAZE.

When their first child, Sofie, arrived, Lynne and Leland were overwhelmed by all of the information they needed to keep track of while getting little or no sleep. They decided to keep a log of Sofie’s new life by jotting things down on forms so they could easily recall when they’d last changed her, fed her, or even when they experienced her first cooing sound or gassy smile. Charting this information brought them tremendous peace of mind, so they compiled the forms into a book and distributed it to their friends who were also experiencing the “new parent daze.” The responses were so positive they decided to publish BABY DAZE and launch a website to promote and sell it,
http://babydaze.net.

BABY DAZE is broken out into eight worksheet sections that tackle common, daily, baby-related issues confronting parents. This new parent logbook has easy-to-use forms to track:

  • Feeding and Diapering
  • Sleeping
  • Pumping
  • Milestones
  • Gifts
  • Food Diary
  • Medical
  • Contact Information
  • Sitter Slips™
The sheets are simple to use and have sample sections to get started. The book is designed for daily use and can be easily plopped into a diaper bag, purse or stroller bag for easy transport.

Believe me now?

You can order this helpful tool—which makes a great gift, obviously—on their site, or by clicking
here.

Oh, and if you see a crying baby, just go up and tell him he or she sounds like a fire engine and make a siren sound. Stops the crying every time!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.