Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Looking for...Golf, Hunting, Fishing, Sailing & Climbing, oh my!

My dad recently had back surgery. Serious back surgery. And the question everyone asks him is, Do you think you'll ever play golf again? You have to understand, my father loves golf. Given the choice of spending a day at the beach with his family or playing golf, he'd go with golf. Given the chance to meet Bill Clinton or play golf, he'd go with golf. There is a pistol with one bullet in a glass case at his house that says, In Case I Can't Ever Play Golf Again.... No, not really, but you get the drift.

Golf has been good to me. I'm pleased to have represented Bill Kroen, author of Bill Kroen's Golf Tip-A-Day Calendar, for a number of years, and a number of books beyond the calendar. And I'm looking for more, if only to have good reading material to send my dad. ;)

Seriously, though, I am looking for...

  • Narrative Nonfiction about Golf

And...

  • Narrative Nonfiction about Hunting
  • Narrative Nonfiction about Fishing
  • Narrative Nonfiction about Sailing
  • Narrative Nonfiction about Climbing

These are other areas where, perhaps, you don't need to be the world's greatest authority on golf, hunting, fishing, sailing or climbing to succeed. You do have to be an amazing writer, of the sort where you could be writing about taking out the garbage and people would read it, and you need to know your topic. I would never set out to write a book about any of these subjects, even though I have golfed, fished, and sailed. I am not experienced enough. I cannot wax philosophical about these topics and speak to the universal truths about them. But if you can, let me hear from you. And if you need a duffer with a 20 handicap in the West Palm area, my dad should be ready to swing in about nine more months.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.