Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Looking for...Life & Death

So Yom Kippur just passed and for those who do not know (my local cashier at Vons had no idea what it was), Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the Jewish year. It's Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, and Easter all rolled into one. It's the day Jews fast and ask G-d for forgiveness of all of our sins against Him. It is also a day when we remember our loved ones who have passed away. In addition to a special service remembering them, we light a Yarzheit candle that burns for twenty-four hours in their memory.

My mother passed away in 1981. So on Yom Kippur, I light a candle in her memory. I don't, of course, only remember her on this day—hardly a day goes by that I don't think of her—but the day has more meaning for me now than when I was young and still had her and my grandparents in my life.

Which brings me to the point of this blog entry. I'm looking for the following:

Nonfiction books related to:

  • Death & Dying
  • Grief & Bereavement

But one can't focus too much on death, as life is for the living. So I'm also looking for the following:

  • Relationships
  • Dating
  • Parenting & Childcare
  • Sex
  • Cooking & Cookbooks
  • Entertaining & Food
  • Entertainment-related projects, including books about film & TV, music, and sports celebrities

As always, you must have the right platform and credentials to be writing about these subjects. You need to be an expert in your field and have the experience required to make readers confident that your opinion or advice is authoritative. If you want to write entertainment-related projects, you should have credits that include the majors, such as People or Entertainment Weekly magazines, or have published successful books in this area before.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.