Now, over the years, I've repped my fair share of SF&F, but not nearly as many as I'd like. I love these genres and would very much like to find many great books that fit into them. SF&F, I admit, is terrifically competitive. I have shopped some books for years before find them homes. And some have never found a home, unfortunately. But if you are a terrific writer, I have confidence we can find you a home. Thus, I am looking for....
- Military Science Fiction
- Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
- Hard Science Fiction by people who understand the science and make it feel real
- Romantic science fiction, or "Speculative Romance" that actually goes in the Romance section
- Traditional, First-Person Science Fiction
- Urban Fantasy
- Humorous Fantasy in the Terry Pratchett vein
- Contemporary Women's Fantasy that would more likely be put in the Romance section
- Epic, Tolkien Fantasy
As always, compelling characters are vastly important. If you can't make your reader invest emotionally in your characters, your book will not sell. If you can, let me hear from you.