Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back on the Office...for the moment

Phew! I am relieved to report that I am back in the office (otherwise known as "my house"). We were evacuated on Monday evening and were fortunate enough to get a hotel room on Shelter Island.

If you haven't been watching the news, San Diego is currently fighting the worst wildfires it has ever seen. Over a half-million people have been evacuated and many, many homes have burned. KPBS, the local Public Radio station has created the best map at http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114250687465160386813.00043d08ac31fe3357571&om=1&ll=32.994843,-116.924744&spn=0.437686,1.213989&z=9. I have to say I wish I'd found it earlier, as it really is the best. I have to remember to write those guys a check when I figure out where the checkbook got packed.

Though I am back in the office, I can't say we are 100% safe yet. A wind shift, return of the Santa Ana, etc., could really turn this entire thing back around in our direction.

But to everyone who has called or emailed with concern, thank you. For the moment we are safe. If that changes, I will certainly let you know.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.