Monday, August 04, 2008

Query about Two Novels?

I have written two novels - both of which I would like to send a query about. Do I write two separate letters or include both novels in one letter?


I've often gotten this question in writers' groups online, or the similar one, "Which should I query about first?"

I always tell authors to query about their strongest project and not to mention the second. Getting an agent to pay attention to one project is hard enough. Tossing two in their direction is more likely to shorten your odds than improve them.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.