Friday, January 29, 2010

Special Charity Offer

If you haven't been to my primary site lately, you may not be aware that I have opened the door once again with a special offer for charity:

On June 6, 2010, I will be riding America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride around Lake Tahoe for the second time. This is a 100-mile bike ride and I will be training from January through May with Team in Training, part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. To support my ride, I will be fundraising for LLS and must reach my goal in order to participate. This is my fifth TNT century and I confess my family and friends may be suffering a bit of "donation fatigue."

Therefore, I am offering authors a rare opportunity. You can submit an UNSOLICITED chapter (not to exceed 25 pages) and synopsis (not to exceed 5 pages) and I will read that chapter and respond with my thoughts. The catch? You must donate at least $100 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society using this link: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sd/ambbr10/azacka.* You MUST include your receipt showing you donated to my effort with your submission. All donations are fully tax-deductible and The Zack Company, Inc. receives no income from this offer. This is purely a charity fundraising effort.


All submissions must be made by US Mail and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Making a donation and submitting should in no way be construed as increasing your chances of receiving representation. TZC will read and respond with a one- to two-page evaluation of your work. Should we wish to read more, we will request more. If we decline the work, our evaluation will explain why we are declining it.


Please read our submission guidelines and properly format your work. Our mailing address can be found on the How to Query Us page.


Thank you in advance for your support of Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.


Z


*If you really, truly, absolutely cannot donate by credit card online, then you can submit with your check made payable to "LLS" and I will arrange for that to be processed by the Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We will not publish Anonymous comments. If you would like to comment, you should sign your comment with your name, city and state, e.g., John Smith, San Diego, CA. Otherwise we will be forced to reject your comment.

Also, please do not query us here or ask if we would "be interested in" your book. Our query guidelines are clearly outlined on our website and you should follow them if you would like us to consider your work.

Thank you.